Runher Coastal 2013 - Online Entry - NOW OPEN
Updated: Wednesday 15th May/ Latest Event Information:
Online entry for this event closes at midnight on Sunday 19th May. We will take entries at Pack Collection and on the day for £20. Online entry: £18.
Pack Collection will take place at Pure Running, 60-64 Wellington Place, Belfast BT1 on Wednesday 22nd May (9.30am to 6pm) and Thursday 23rd May (9.30am to 7pm). There will be a further and final pack collection at Seapark/ Race start between 2pm and 6pm. Please bring along your email confirmation from online entry to collect your race number and goody bag pack.
E Newsletter will be sent to all entrants this Thursday and Friday. (those who have provided an email address) This will contain further race day information and exclusive Runher offers.
Bel Tel Runher exclusive event t-shirts are going fast. We have ordered a set amount for our event - all those who have entered on or before Sunday 19th May at midnight will be guaranteed one.
Team Challenge - Please put your team name down on our online entry system or on the paper entry form. Lots of sports clubs, charities, workplaces and gyms all taking place. Its not to late to enter N.Irelands leading womens running and walking event!
Course Route - See our Course with Ali and friends via links on our media section. Its a great night out - walk, jog or run and kick off the bank holiday weekend in style down by the coast.
Runher Coastal Challenge Instructions
1. You can register at the following venues:
- Pure Running (opposite Inst in Belfast) on Wednesday 22 May (9.30am – 6pm) and
Thursday 23 May (9.30am-7pm)
- Seapark, Holywood on the day of the event (from 2pm-6pm)
2. Access to Seapark will be closed from 5pm except to residents and officials.
3. You should be dropped off/park in Holywood or take public transport and use the pedestrian crossing to come across the main Belfast to Bangor A2 road. Please be aware that there will be high volumes of traffic at this time.
4. There will be a bag-drop in operation so you can ensure you’ll have your belongings looked after. The van with bags will leave Seapark at 6.45pm and entrants can collect their belongings at the Crawfordsburn finish.
5. There will be a warm-up at 6.45pm at the Seapark start.
6. There will be a staggered start at 7pm. Boards indicating the allocated ‘time-zones will be displayed at the start-line. Be realistic about the time-zone you should go to. Chip timing will only record your time once you begin. Remember to secure your timing- chip to your shoe through your lace.
7. Walkers should go to the back.
8. The Coastal Path is narrow, uneven and bumpy in places so take care. There are rocky outcrops, an arch to duck under and steps to negotiate. There is also a grassy hill before the finish.
9. There will be a water station at the halfway point below Rockport School.
10. There will be marshals at stages along the route on foot and bike. If you need any assistance they will help.
11. At the Crawfordsburn finish there will be complimentary bananas and water. There will also be a barbeque so be sure to grab your purse at the finish line!
12. There will be family fun and entertainment (slides, etc.) at the finish from 6pm.
13. There will be a prize giving ceremony in Crawfordsburn at approxirately 8pm for the first, second and third place finishers. There will also be spot prizes throughout the evening.
14. There will be a shuttle bus to take participants back to the Seapark start. It will operate from 8pm. Marshals will direct you to the bus.
15. Crawfordsburn Country Park will close at 10pm.
RUNHER EVENT INFO
ONLINE ENTRY FOR BELFAST TELEGRAPH RUNHER COASTAL 2013
January: Early bird entry price for the first 50 to enter: £10 - NOW SOLD OUT. Online entry: £15 up to and including 31st March 2013.
Entry price is £18 for April and to 20th May 2013. Entries are non-refundable, but we will gladly swap your entry to another Runher event or for a relative/friend.
Belfast Telegraph Runher Coastal 10k, starts 7pm on Friday 24th May 2013 at Seapark,Holywood. Race Finish is at Crawfordsburn Country Park.
STAGGERED START: The Coastal Challenge starts at 7pm.
There will be a STAGGERED start with different waves catering for different speeds.
The first start is for runners aiming to run the 10k in under 42 minutes, the second start is for those aiming for a time between 42-45 minutes, the third for 45-50 minutes and so on. There will be approximately 8 starts in total. Staggered start times will be clearly marked on signs at the START. ALL runners and walkers are advised be in their starting positions before the race commences at 7pm.
We really ask that everyone respects the start system as it means we can avoid congestion on the route. Our marshals will be happy to advise you on the wave you should be in on the night if you are unsure!
ONLINE ENTRY FOR THIS EVENT IS ON THIS WEBSITE ONLY - SEE ONLINE ENTRY BOX AND PLEASE CAREFULLY COMPLETE EACH REQUIRED SECTION.
Note: You do not need a paypal account to enter although you can pay with your paypal account. Otherwise, Please select option below where you can use a debit or credit card.
For your entry fee, you will get race entry to the Runher Coastal event, chip timing (please select), Runher event t-shirt and Runher goody bag.
Pack Collection: Will be advised of at the start of May. All those entrants who have provided a vaild email address will be notified accordingly. we will also update via our official Facebook and Twitter pages. After you enter online, your name will appear on our Check Entry section on our home page. Pack Collection will take place at Pure Running Belfast (address info at www.purerunning.co.uk) during the lead in week to Bel Tel Runher where upon you will be able to collect your race number, event t-shirt, Goody bag, champion chip for timing, etc.
Team Challenge: Teams from your workplace, charities, gyms, friends, PTAs, families,etc.... are most welcome to take part. Ali -from our team- will be in touch with all those who have registered an interest week commencing Monday 15th April. Teams of 10 or more will qualify for a luxury Runher Goody bag for the main organiser or Team Leader - worth £80. This will have a warm down Runher hoodie, event tech t-shirt, exclusive Runher cotton t-shirt and Runher Coolmax socks.
There are NO limits to how big or small a team can be. Belfast Telegraph Runher is all about encouraging participation. In taking part as a team, we find that groups train together, encourage one another to succeed, often raise funds for a local charity and importantly, celebrate success together. All welcome. Please make sure that upon entering, EACH person puts down nominated name. We will be doing spot prizes on the night for our Champion Challenge teams.
Belfast Telegraph may also feature your team before or after - if agreeable. Its another way to shout about the great achievement of you and your team completing our 10k challenge to everyone out there in NI.
Limited Entry: We work closely with North Down Borough Council, Crawfordsburn Country Park and other local agencies to make sure we protect the coastal route terrain. We currently have open entry on race numbers but we reserve the right to limit numbers during the lead-in to the event. To be guaranteed race entry, the earlier you enter, the better. Further updates to follow here.
Champion Challenge Teams and Charities: If you are running on a Champion Challenge team or for a charity, please enter your team or charity name on the Workplace option on Online entry - this will let us know what team you are on or which charity you are running for. Thank you.
Belfast Telegraph: Northern Irelands daily newspaper is once again key sponsor of our Runher event. There will be lots of feature articles in the coming months in the Bel Tel and online at: www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk
There will be lots more updates to follow in this section, in our LATEST NEWS section (home page) and on our Facebook and Twitter pages. We will also be re-freshing this website - keep clicking on to see lots of new stuff. We will have one of the team running the course soon and a course map published on this site. Lots to come, keep in touch.
For further info, you can also email event organisers, Pure Running (www.purerunning.co.uk) at firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to us on Facebook or Twitter. If you are with us on FB, this may be your best first way to touch base or send us a PM.
Thanks for entering and good training! Follow our training plan on our home page. Now Easter is over, we are into the big Bel Tel Runher countdown - time to enjoy those bright evenings, get fit and ready for 24th May!
Belfast Telegraph Runher team.
Belfast Telegraph Runher Coastal 2013 - Friday 24th May evening - please put the date in your diaries now- lots more info COMING VERY SOON!